Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sd. Kfz. 171 Continued

Finally! Both upper and lower hull have been joined together. I'd been contemplating some sort of scratch built interior for the drivers section, just in case, but went without it. A drivers figure will pretty much block everything and I don't know if there will be a driver hanging out yet. Now that this point of the build has been reached though it should move along a bit quicker.... I hope.


With the hulls joined the major weld seams were finally added. I'd been stressing a little over these, being in such a prominent location, I wanted to try to make them look as "authentic" as possible....  You'll have to be the judge as to whether or not it worked.


The fabricated cooling pods are still in place. You can sorta tell there's something under the vents, but not much. It's not empty space though, and that's what I wanted to accomplish.




Last point in another short update, the hull sides where everything meets. It just doesn't look right to me yet.

Maybe the welds should be re-done? Or something, just haven't figured this part out yet. Thankfully tomorrow looks to be a day where the Panther can be worked on. So with a little research things can hopefully be sorted out.

Thanks again for stopping by. More coming later

Dale